This post serves more to my ability to go back and find it than anything, so bare with me.
I’m going to list all of the books I read in 2017 and my star rating (out of 5) beside them. Maybe this will be helpful for you to find some new books or be reminded of a few you need to go back and read again.
That being said, these are the books that I read from beginning to end and not just the ones that I use in my ministry, teaching and preaching that I reference from time to time. And please don’t judge me for the overwhelming majority being audio books.
Here it goes…
- Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis (by J.D. Vance) 4/5
- The Original Storyteller: Become a Better Storyteller in 30 Days (by Robert Carnes) 5/5
- Lincoln’s Battle with God: A President’s Struggle with Faith and What It Meant for America (by Stephen Mansfield) 3/5
- The Mormonizing of America: How the Mormon Religion Became a Dominant Force in Politics, Entertainment, and Pop Culture (by Stephen Mansfield) 4/5
- Encountering God through Expository Preaching: Connecting God’s People to God’s Presence through God’s Word (by Ryan Fullerton) 5/5
- American Crucifixion: The Murder of Joseph Smith and the Fate of the Mormon Church (by Alex Beam) 5/5
- What Is the Mission of the Church?: Making Sense of Social Justice, Shalom and the Great Commission (by Kevin DeYoung & Greg Gilbert) 4/5
- The Money Challenge: 30 Days of Discovering God’s Design For You and Your Money (by Art Rainer) 4/5
- The Naturalist: Theodore Roosevelt and the Rise of American Natural History (by Darrin Lunde) 3/5
- 12 Ways Your Phone Is Changing You (by Tony Reinke) 4/5
- Missions: How the Local Church Goes Global: 9marks Series (by Andy Johnson) 5/5
- Reading the Bible Supernaturally: Seeing and Savoring the Glory of God in Scripture (by John Piper) 4/5
- Rhett & Link’s Book of Mythicality: A Field Guide to Curiosity, Creativity, and Tomfoolery (by Rhett McLaughlin & Link Neal) 3/5
- Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion (by Robert B. Cialdini 3/5
- Day of War (by Cliff Graham) 5/5
- Covenant of War (by Cliff Graham) 5/5
- The Last Punisher: A SEAL Team Three Sniper’s True Account of the Battle of Ramad (by Kevin Lacz, Ethan E. Rocke & Lincy Lacz) 4/5
- The Hidden Option: Igniting Creativity to Solve Life’s Impossible Problems (by Jonathan Malm) 4/5
- Scrappy Little Nobody (by Anna Kendrick) 4/5
- The Curious Christian: How Discovering Wonder Enriches Every Part of Life (by Barnabas Piper) 3/5
Have you read any of these? Let me know in the comments!